Friday 29 November 2013

SFFSat 30/11/13

This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.


This week's snippet is again from Sorrel Snowbound, and carries on from last week's extract. Sorrel has reached the surface. Two thuggish officials have cornered her, and one points a knife at her. She decides to retaliate - is she going to use lethal magic from the magerealm?



I slid my spindles around a fireflow in the magerealm, and yanked at it.
At the last instant I swung it to one side, hauling through only a fraction of the fire. The sword blade was a sliver of emerald green in the ‘realm. It became a blaze of brilliant light in reality, and Moustachio screamed and jumped back, flinging the remains of the sword hilt away from him as it glowed red hot. Beardy, still holding my arm, pulled away in alarm. I dived into Beardy, throwing him to the ground and kicking him as he tried to get away from the sudden conflagration. I really wanted to kick Moustachio, who I suspected was the worse of the two, but at least he had a burned hand for his pains.
Moustachio stood across from me, anger blazing on his ugly face. ‘Gonna regret that, girl,’ he growled. ‘Now I'm gonna kill you fer sure.’


Comments welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment