Friday 22 November 2013

SFFSat 23/11/13

This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.


This week's snippet is again from Sorrel Snowbound, and carries on from last week's extract. Sorrel has reached the surface. Two thuggish officials have cornered her, and one is pointing a knife at her...



I held his eyes for a brief eternity – he had pale blue ones, with a hint of the psychopath about him. I was increasingly sure that he was the kind of thug who enjoyed inflicting violence. 
 
Moustachio slapped the side of his sword against my cheek, hard; I felt the edge of the blade dig in enough to cut me. I’d been right – he did enjoy hurting people. 

‘Shut up and do as you're told,’ he rasped. His pupils had dilated, and he was breathing faster. Anticipation of what he intended, I had no doubt. 

I slid into the magerealm. The easy answer would be a column of fire. Toast them both.

 Which raises the difficult question - is Sorrel any better than the thugs she is facing? Find out next time...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment