Friday 15 November 2013

SFFSat 16/11/13

This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.


This week's snippet is again from Sorrel Snowbound, and carries on from last week's extract. Sorrel has reached the surface. 

Two thuggish officials take a grab at our heroine...

Beardy grabbed for my arm, while Moustachio yanked his sword out of its sheath. I had been expecting it. I dived sideways, sliding my knife out of the belt-sheath, but Beardy was a fraction faster. His fingers fastened around my left wrist, dragging me towards him, while Moustachio's sword lifted to point threateningly at my throat. I froze for an instant, realising I was in real trouble. There wasn’t enough room to move – they had boxed me in against the hedge. I had a nasty suspicion this was not the first time they had performed this manoeuvre.
Drop the knife, girl,’ Beardy snapped.
I snarled a short answer, then added my views of his parentage and physique. Not complimentary views, needless to say.


 As always, comments welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment