Friday 25 October 2013

SFFSat 26/10/2013

This is my snippet this week for SFFSat. SFFSat is a place where a number of authors post snippets from their written works, and give the opportunity for comments, support and encouragement. Please also explore the other blogs that are part of this set - you can find the information here.


This week's snippet is again from Sorrel Snowbound, and carries on from last week's extract. Sorrel has reached the surface. 
A steamcar has chugged up the hill towards her, containing two men in uniform.


The man in front scrambled down. His uniform was as smart and clean as a tramp's. That didn't bode well, either. 'All right,’ he grumbled through an unruly moustache. ‘'and over yer papers.’

Papers? Volging squum! I hadn't taken my papers with me on the raid of Wrack's mansion. So I had nothing I could proffer to this thug. 
 
To my surprise, my interrogator didn't instantly tell me I was under arrest. 


 What will the officers do? We will find out next week.

As always, comments gratefully received! 

No comments:

Post a Comment